Latex slide agglutination test for the rapid identification of Staphylococcus aureus.
ELITex Staph is a slide agglutination test for the rapid identification of Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA included) from primary culture plates.
- MRSA and MSSA identification
- Cost-effective, routine laboratory test
- Easy and ready-to-use
- High sensitivity and specificity
- Fast results for clinicians (<1min)
- Simple visual reading, without expert interpretation
The ELITex Staph assay is important in the management of patients with septicemia and nosocomial infections.
|22711 / 22712||ELITex Staph||60 / 160 tests|
Red latex particles are sensitized with three proteins:
- Fibrinogen that reacts with “Clumping Factor”
- The Fc fragment of human IgG that reacts with Staphylococcus aureus protein A
- Anti-Staphylococcus aureus capsular polysaccharides polyclonal IgG.
The presence of Staphylococcus aureus is revealed by a strong agglutination reaction. In the absence of Staphylococcus aureus, no agglutination appears. The test procedure is easy with results available in less than a minute. The kit is complete and includes:
- TEST LATEX
- CONTROL LATEX (internal control)
- Test cards
- Single use sticks
Easy-to-read and easy-to-interpret results
|TEST LATEX||CONTROL LATEX||INTERPRETATION|
|–||–||NEGATIVE REACTION The strain tested is not Staphylococcus aureus|
|+||–||POSITIVE REACTION The strain tested is Staphylococcus aureus|
Reagents and material
|22711||1||TEST LATEX: Dispenser vial of 1.8 mL of sensitized latex|
|1||CONTROL LATEX: Dispenser vial of 1.8 mL of unsensitized latex|
|15||TEST CARD: Disposable reaction card|
|120||STICK: Disposable mixing sticks|
|22712||2||TEST LATEX: Dispenser vial of 2.4 mL of sensitized latex|
|2||CONTROL LATEX: Dispenser vial of 2.4 mL of unsensitized latex|
|40||TEST CARD: Disposable reaction card|
|320||STICK: Disposable mixing sticks|
Stability and storage
- The reagents are ready-to-use.
- All the reagents are stored at 2-8°C. Do not freeze.
- The results of the stability study indicate that the product has a tability of 18 months at 2-8°C from its manufacture.
- ELITex Staph assay has a good sensitivity for methicillin resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), producing little protein A and/or fibrinogen affinity factor. The sensitivity of the assay is 99.02% and its specificity is 99.07%.
Material required but not supplied
- Incubator calibrated at 37°C
- Contaminated waste container
Let us help you
For general inquiries, please use the links to the right. Click Contact to complete a brief online form, or click Support for general phone and email information. Someone will be in touch with you soon.