Icon 5: A smart, 5-diff solution with cutting edge technology
The Icon 5 is a smart, 5-part differential hematology analyzer that sets new standards in terms of features, functions and style. This iconic laboratory device combines cutting edge technology with a fresh and elegant design. The Icon 5 uses laser based flow cytometry with forward-scattered light detection and volumetric impedance measuring method. It provides a 26-parameter complete cell blood count report that includes RBC and PLT histograms, as wells as a 5-part WBC scattergram.
What makes this device special and innovative is its microfluidics technology that enables reagent consumption to be reduced by approximately 70% compared to other analyzers on the market. Furthermore, the Icon 5 has one of the smallest dimensions (283 x 226 x 333 mm) within its class, which allows it to be used in Emergency Departments, ICUs, private clinics, blood banks, or perhaps even in Mobile care units. The Norma Icon 5 is changing the hematology landscape: there is no other analyzer like the Icon.
The latest technology for hematology
An iconic laboratory device that sets new standards in terms of features, functions and style. A unit that combines cutting edge technology with a fresh and inspiring design. Technology of yesterday is industrial history tomorrow. Norma Icon’s innovations will change the future of hematology. There is no other analyzer like Norma Icon.
- Icon has a footprint of an A4 sheet of paper – probably the smallest dimensions of its class worldwide.
- Norma Icon is a hematology analyzer based on microfluidics. This cutting edge technology enables reducing reagent consumption by approx. 80% compared with analyzers built on the decades-old traditional technology.
- Despite its ultra-compact sizing Icon has a throughput of 60 samples per hour*.
- Icon can process closed or open vials.
- Norma Icon aspirates 9.6µL whole blood* but actually uses only 2.4µL – the smallest sample volume ever processed by a hematology analyzer.
- This space-saving device has a 10 inch high resolution touch screen user interface that can handle motion sensing gestures – an entirely new interaction experience with the unit.
- Norma Icon is designed to be remote-supported. System check, trouble shooting, software upgrade can be carried out at the user’s site at any time if internet access is available.
- Small reagent volumes help keep down the wasteful, polluting usage of laboratory chemicals. By eliminating the need of transporting tons of reagents to long distances and using a “green” result printing concept Norma Icon helps saving a significant part of the running expenses, keeping cost per test low and protecting the environment.
Norma Icon … a point-of-care hematology analyzer
Its portable size and the handy reagent pack make Norma Icon easy to use at the point-of-care. The high throughput, low running cost and small sample volume make it an outstanding analyzer for laboratory use also.
With Icon you save space, time and costs.
Norma Icon is ideal for cost sensitive, environment conscious users, open to embrace new solutions based on innovative technology and trendsetting design.
Icon measures capillary blood samples
Due to its special design Norma Icon can directly measure capillary blood samples collected in BD Microtainer® MAP** (Microtube for Automated Process) with K2EDTA. BD Microtainer® MAP tubes are designed for the collection, transport and automated processing of skin puncture samples from infants, children, geriatric, oncology, and critical care patients. This tube is used for capillary collections from skin punctures such as heelsticks on infants or fingersticks on small children. It holds between 250 and 500 μl of blood.