ELITechGroup Microbiology is a major component of the ELITech group and relies on its strong credo: to provide reliable and simple diagnostic tools for proximity labs in the Biology area. Our innovative products are derived from our wide expertise combining agglutination tests, identification trays for identification or susceptibility testing. We bring our diagnostic support in the fields of Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology. ___________________________________________________________________________ ELITechGroup Biomedical Systems has vast experience and proven expertise in creating and producing practical and dependable slide stainers and cytocentrifuges that are used throughout the globe. Our user-friendly Aerospray® Series 2 stainers and Cytopro® cytocentrifuges are proven performers in the laboratory-delivering high-quality results on demand. Our systems, consumables, and service have been trusted for decades, giving us an unparalleled knowledge base, unrivaled design expertise and extensive manufacturing capability.
Puteaux, France, 6th July 2017 – ELITechGroup Molecular Diagnostics, announces today the launch of a high-performance real-time PCR assay: Meningitis Viral 2 ELITe MGB® Panel for viral meningitis diagnosis, validated with ELITe InGenius, ELITechGroup’s fully automated sample to result system.
Viruses are the most common causative agent of meningitis. Although presenting similar onset, viral and bacterial meningitis are associated with entirely different outcomes. Rapid and accurate diagnosis by molecular method is important to identify the viral agent, rule out a bacterial infection, and adapt patient management.
Meningitis Viral ELITe MGB® Panel 2 is a multiplex assay validated with cerebrospinal fluid samples, which combines reverse transcription, and real-time PCR amplification for the detection and the differentiation of Enterovirus, Parechovirus and Adenovirus in one single reaction. The clinical studies have demonstrated excellent performance: 100% diagnostic sensitivity and 100% specificity for all targets.
The validation with the ELITe InGenius system offers several advantages to laboratories: results in only 2h30 with limited hands-on time, emergency testing performed in parallel of any routine samples within the same run, and storage of extracted nucleic acid for an optimal use of precious CSF samples for retesting, additional molecular testing, or archiving.
The ELITe InGenius menu for molecular diagnostics of meningitis will be further broadened in the coming months, with an additional real-time PCR multiplex assay for the detection of the main causative agents of bacterial meningitis.
The Liofilchem® MIC Test Strips is a quantitative assay for determining the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) of antimicrobial agents against microorganisms to indicate appropriate patient treatment and for identifying resistance patterns.
Liofilchem® MIC Test Strips are made of special high quality paper impregnated with a predefined concentration gradient of antibiotic, across 15 two-fold dilutions like those of a conventional MIC method.
On one side of the strip a MIC scale in µg/mL is displayed and a code that identifies the antimicrobial agent. Liofilchem® MIC Test Strips are available in a large variety of antibiotic configurations. Each configuration is available in blister packs of 10 strips, 30 strips and 100 strips.
When the Liofilchem® MIC Test Strip is applied onto an inoculated agar surface, the preformed exponential gradient of antimicrobial agent is transferred into the agar matrix. After 18 hours incubation or longer, a symmetrical inhibition ellipse centered along the strip is formed. The MIC is read directly from the scale in terms of µg/mL, at the point where the edge of the inhibition ellipse intersects with the MIC Test Strip.
Disc diffusion is still the most popular method for determining bacterial antibiotic susceptibility in the treatment of infectious disease, as highlighted by the variety of international standardised procedures eg.EUCAST( Europe), CLSI (USA), BSAC (UK), AFFSAPS (France), DIN (Germany) & ISC/WHO.
mastdiscsTM AST are available as an extensive range of antibiotic susceptibility test discs presented in vials, or plastic dispensing cartridges.
Manufactured and QC tested in accordance with the accepted limits and clinical standards required for the various national controls, mastdiscsTM AST are suitable for antibiotic susceptibility studies in laboratories worldwide.
- Extensive range available from stock to suit all popular clinical applications.
- Flexible, personalised service manufacturing antibiotic susceptibility discs to customer specification, with low minimum order quantity.
- All discs are strictly quality controlled for antimicrobial potency and batch uniformity.
- Discs are available to suit EUCAST, CLSI, BSAC and other laboratory standard recommendations.
- Inhibition zone diameters can be read by eye or manually using calipers
Rapid Detection of Resistance to Polymyxins
The Rapid Polymyxin NP test has been designed for the detection of Enterobacteriaceae susceptibility and resistance to polymyxins (polymyxin E or Colistin, and polymyxin B) from colonies grown on agar plates. It comes with such direct advantages:
- Fast results in a 2-3 hours from any enterobacterial species
- Reliable approach, regardless of the molecular mechanism of resistance (MCR1 and others)
- Easy to perform, highly specific and sensitive
- Excellent correlation with the reference broth microdilution method in 24h
Product Description: Rapid Polymyxin NP
Number of Tests: 10 test
MUCH MORE THAN A READER…
A unique Microbiology Expertise Now Embodied in a Smart and Reliable Solution.
- A unique automated and expert solution for the diagnosis of urogenital mycoplasma (extended menu to come)
- A time-saving approach for laboratories
- Standardized reading & interpretation of results
- Secure traceability of all reagents and specimens (barcode reading) for better QC management
- Expert integrated program monitoring ongoing tests, guiding technicians step-by-step from the beginning of incubation:
→ alerts you to expired shelf-life
→ reminds you of the current status of each specimen (“time to read”, “need to re-incubate”, “validation needed”…)
- Intuitive touch screen user interface
Easy software updates and data export with the USB port
Product Description: EM Smart-Reader™
Number of Tests: 1 instrument
ACCURUN serology controls have been a long trusted source of reliable and consistent QC material for clinical laboratories worldwide. SeraCare’s ACCURUN controls are weakly reactive to help challenge your serology assays and provide additional confidence in your laboratory test results. Monitoring your assay performance can help you avoid costly repeats and, more importantly, avoid false-negative and false-positive results. With ACCURUN controls, you can troubleshoot your test methods and isolate system errors in your laboratory.
- Mimics a patient sample, therefore treated like a patient sample, reducing additional steps in your workflow
- Reliable and ready-to-use, eliminates the hassle of locating external controls to meet laboratory compliance requirements
- Single-analyte and multi-analyte formats offer you cost-effective options to conserve your laboratory budget
Challenges your assay more effectively
A low positive control challenges your assay more than a medium-to-high control since it is closer to the assay cut-off; therefore, any variability in the assay will be easier to detect. Assay monitoring with ACCURUN single and multi-analyte controls improves confidence in your serology test results.
Consistent accuracy is non-negotiable.
- Specifically formulated as a low level positive sample for manual and automated platforms
- Ready to use—no reconstitution or special handling required; most stable at refrigerated temperatures
- Enable your lab to meet compliance requirements of regulatory agencies and professional organizations
Nucleic Acid Controls: our comprehensive line of PCR and hybrid-capture
NAT controls are formulated using intact virus or microorganisms
- Help your lab monitor all aspects of sample testing—sample lysis and extraction through target or signal amplification to detection
- Formulated at different levels to effectively challenge assay performance and monitor results at clinical decision points
Genetic Controls: setting a new standard for error detection
- Muliple alleles per vial allow your lab to run more samples and fewer controls
- Optimizes instrument capacity, especially for multiplexed assays
- Eliminate more test errors, run more samples and fewer controls
Market Segment: Quality Controls
, Molecular Diagnostics
, Other Serology Assays
, Quality assessment
, Quality Controls
, Molecular Biology