The fundamental advantages of vapor pressure osmometry are now embodied in the most intelligent osmometer ever produced.
START WITH THE BEST! The Vapro Vapor Pressure Osmometer brings unprecedented simplicity, convenience, and accuracy to the routine determination of osmolality to help meet the demands placed on today’s clinical and research laboratory.
Auto-calibration, a self-cleaning thermocouple, self-diagnostics, statistical analysis, and computer interface/printout capabilities make the Vapro, osmometer a must for any busy laboratory. The small sample requirement allows you to assay hard-to-get or expensive samples using the superior characteristics of the vapor pressure method.
Product Description: Vapro®Vapor Pressure Osmometer
The Vapro® Vapor Pressure Osmometer, can be used to determine the osmolality in any type of sample: fluids, viscous, and even tissue, giving the Vapro great versatility in clinical med
icine or biomedical research applications. The Vapro osmometer requires a sample volume of only 10 microliters. Osmolality is displayed in 90 seconds.
The fundamental advantages of Vapro have been enhanced with automatic thermocouple cleaning and mechanized sample slide operations, making osmolality measurements with the Vapro the easiest and most user-friendly available. The Vapro programming includes robust self-diagnostics for complete monitoring of osmometer functions.
The Vapro includes computer and printer interface capability. To record more detailed information, or to capture the results in a computer, Vapro Lab Report software for Windows operating systems combines user-provided information with measurement results directly from the Vapro to produce a printable, savable report.
Why Vapor Pressure?
Vapor pressure measurement is the best method of determining osmolality, and the thermodynamic limitations of vapor pressure osmometry are least restrictive. For these reasons, vapor pressure osmometry is superior for most fluids in biology and medicine in which water is the solvent.
The vapor pressure method determines osmolality at room temperature with the sample in natural equilibrium. This precludes cryoscopic artifacts due to high viscosity, suspended particles, or other conditions that can interfere with freezing point determinations, giving Vapro a much broader range of error-free applications.
- Functions are selected from a simple and logical menu.
- Streamlined user interface for quick access to menu items.
- User-Selectable Measurement Modes: Single sample; Auto Repeat Mode; Averaging Mode for precision measurements; Delayed Start Mode for samples requiring longer equilibration times.
- User-selectable languages (English, French, German, Spanish).
Unsurpassed by any other method, error is less than 1% in the clinical range.
Self-cleaning thermocouple reduces maintenance and improves performance.
A push of a button automatically sets the calibration parameters.
Low initial cost, economical proprietary supplies.
Vapro Lab Report Software
Combines user-provided information with measurement results directly from the Vapro to produce a printable and savable report (Windows format only).
Trouble-Free Self-Diagnostic Operation
- Few moving parts, no mechanical adjustments, no mechanical breakdowns.
- Automated circular sample slide and chamber locking operation, which places all the controls on the front panel.
- Built in clock records and displays a date code for each sample result.
- 10 mL nominal (Other accessory sample volumes: 2 mL using AC-063, 20 mL using AC-064 sample holder, and approximately 60 mL using AC-065 sample holder.)
- Typically 20 to 3200 mmol/kg* (up to 3600 mmol/kg with extended range osmometer) @ 25 °C ambient.
- 90 seconds.
- 1 mmol/kg.
- 2 mmol/kg Standard Deviation.
- 2% of reading from 100 to 2000 mmol/kg.
- 5% of reading over total range.
- Automatic using Opti-Mole osmolality standards.
- 240 x 128 pixel backlit LCD.
- This device has been designed for indoor use only between 15 and 37 °C with a maximum relative humidity of 85%. For use at altitudes up to 2000 meters. (Instrument should be at stable temperature before calibrating.)
- 0 to 60 °C.
- RS-232 (ASCII format).
- Data Protocol: 9600 Baud, 1 Start Bit, 8 Data Bits, No Parity, 1 Stop Bit.
- 9-Pin Sub-D Connector:
- USB – Device.
- Type-B Receptacle.
- Data Protocol: 115200 Baud, 1 Start Bit, 8 Data Bits, No Parity, 1 Stop Bit.
- 100 to 240 Volts AC @ 50-60 Hz. Transient.
- 40 Watts maximum.
- (2 required) 5 x 20 mm time-delay type T – 1 ampere at 250 volts. Manufactured by Littlefuse Part # 218001 or Bussman Part # GDC-1A.
Size (H x W x D)
- 20 cm (8”) x 28 cm (11”) x 36 cm (14”).
- 6.8 kg (15 lbs.).
*mmol/kg is the Standard International (Sl) unit of osmolality.
SDS-00024: REV B SDS, USA Version for OA-010, OA-100, OA-029
SDS-00024-EN: REV B SDS, EU Version for OA-010, OA-100, OA-029
SDS-00024-FR: REV B SDS, French Version for OA-010, OA-100, OA-029
SDS-00040: REV A SDS, USA Version SS-133
SDS-00040-EN: REV A SDS, EU Version SS-133
SDS-00040-FR: REV A SDS, French Version SS-133
SDS-00065: REV A SDS, USA Version of SS-025, SS-038, SS-039
SDS-00065-EN: REV A SDS, EU Version of SS-025, SS-038, SS-039
SDS-00065-FR: REV A SDS, French Version of SS-025, SS-038, SS-039
SDS-00070: REV A SDS, USA Version SS-238
SDS-00070-EN: REV A SDS, EU Version SS-238
SDS-00070-FR: REV B SDS, French Version SS-238
SDS-00077: REV A SDS, USA Version for SS-003
SDS-00077-EN: REV A SDS, EU Version for SS-003
SDS-00077-FR: REV A SDS, French Version for SS-003
SDS-00078: REV A SDS, USA Version SS-223
SDS-00078-EN: REV A SDS, EU Version SS-223
SDS-00078-FR: REV B SDS, French Version SS-223
SDS-00079: REV A SDS, USA Version SS-006
SDS-00079-EN: REV A SDS, EU Version SS-006
SDS-00079-FR: REV A SDS, French Version SS-006
- Burn patients
- Trauma, head injury, and shock
- Diabetic coma
- Serum osmolality and osmolal discriminant
- Renal function
- Stool analysis
- Body fluids
- ADH therapy
- Renal dialysis
- Post operative
- Burn therapy
- Insulin therapy
- Fetal maturity
- I.V. therapy
- Cystic Fibrosis diagnosis by osmolality assay of sweat
- Differential diagnosis of diabetes insipidus
- Differential diagnosis of polyuria or oliguria
- Blood bank assessment of residual glycerol in final cell suspensions
- Enteral & parenteral nutrition preparations
- Physiological infusion solutions
- Monitoring infant formulas
- Reagent and standard solutions
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing and research
- Cell biology
Vapro is the undisputed leader in research osmometry, with capability for any type of sample–fluids, viscous or tissue samples.
- Veterinary medicine
- Plant physiology
- Electron microscopy
- Genetic research
- Food and beverage processing
- Marine biology
- Cancer research
- Molecular weight determinations (0-10,000 g/mol)
- Tissue culture
- Transplantation and embryology
- Chemical industry
- Soil physics