Latex slide agglutination test for rapid detection of infectious mononucleosis antibodies.
ELITex Bicolor Mono is a latex slide agglutination test for the rapid detection of infectious mononucleosis heterophile antibodies which appear at the beginning of the disease.
- Simple visual reading, without expert interpretation: bi-colored latex reaction
- Fast results for clinicians (2 minutes)
- Cost-effective, routine laboratory test
- Easy and ready-to-use
- High sensitivity and specificity
- Finally, our kit meets all safety requirements with positive and negative controls.
Product Description: ELITex Bicolor Mono
Number of Tests: 50
Infectious mononucleosis is a disease caused by Epstein-Barr virus, relatively frequent, usually harmless and often causing a high asthenia. From the earliest days of disease, heterophile antibodies of infectious mononucleosis are present in the serum in sufficient quantity to allow diagnosis. They disappear gradually but can persist up to 3 months.
These heterophile antibodies can agglutinate sheep, horse, beef and rabbit red blood cells.
ELITex Bicolor Mono is a rapid test for the detection of infectious mononucleosis heterophile antibodieswhich appear at the beginning of the disease.
ELITex Bicolor Mono is a direct agglutination slide test. The TEST LATEX consists of latex particles sensitized by erythrocytes stroma specially treated, making unnecessary the adsorption of other heterophile antibodies and ensuring the reaction specificity.
The presence of heterophile antibodies in sera is revealed by a red agglutination on a more or less intense blue background, visible to the naked eye. Otherwise, no agglutination is observed and the suspension remains homogeneous with a uniform purple color.
Handling is simple and fast. It is performed on pure serum and the results are obtained in 2 minutes.
Reagents and material
- TEST LATEX:
Dispenser vial containing 1.5 mL of sensitized latex
- CONTROL +:
Dispenser vial containing 0.5 mL of positive control
- CONTROL -:
Dispenser vial containing 0.5 mL of negative control
- TEST CARD:
5 disposable reaction cards
Stability and storage
- All reagents are ready-to-use.
- Reagents stored at 2-8°C, in their original state, are stable up to the expiry date indicated on the box.
- They must not be frozen.
- The shelf life of the product, from its manufacture, is 24 months.
- A study made on 308 human negative sera and 64 human positive sera has demonstrated that the test ELITex Bicolor Mono has a sensitivity of 98.4% and a specificity of 99.7%.
Material required but not provided
- Automatic pipette(s) with a pipetting volume adapted to the volume that will be measured
- Contaminated waste container